"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Monday, December 24, 2012

J.R.R. Tolkien's Letters From Father Christmas



Have you heard of J.R.R. Tolkien's letters to his children from Father Christmas?  I hadn't until today when I saw a post with a brief excerpt on Facebook and just had to see more.  You can see an excerpt here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0007463375/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&creativeASIN=0007463375&linkCode=as2&tag=harpercollins15-21

While you're there, why not order a copy for yourself and/or your children.  It is so cute and shows J.R.R. Tolkien's sense of humour in a manner not before seen in the Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings.
I really enjoyed seeing this side of this fabulous author!





2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one either but it sounds great. I'll be going over to take a closer look. Thanks for the link.

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw this book today too for the first time and definitely am going to check it out..
    thank you..
    and a happy holidays

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...