"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Chock Full of Chocolate (children's cookbook)



Chock Full of Chocolate
Author:  Elizabeth MacLeod
Publisher: Kids Can Press
Published:  2005
Pages: 40
Edition:  paperback
Part of the "Kids Can Do It" series

As part of a fundraiser our store is running to assist a local school with no library to obtain books for the over 200 students, the staff are baking our hearts out.  Today is the bake sale, one of two to be held over the next two weeks.  I came across Chock Full of Chocolate, a child friendly cookbook, and chose to make the Candy-Covered Pizza as one of my entries for the bake sale.  


All the recipes within Chock Full of Chocolate are easy to make and are recommended for children ages 8 and up with the assistance of a responsible adult.  This recipe turned out very well however where the recipe stated to work the dough into a circle with your hands, I found mine to be too runny to do so, so I spread it on the pizza pan using a spatula.  Other than that, it was an easy to use recipe.  Children would love decorating the pizza with a combination of candies of their choice.  I used Skittles and Smarties and another President's Choice candy (oblong shapes).  If I were to make this again, I definitely would add colour to the icing to make it look more like pizza sauce.  

Other recipes include:
triple chocolate cookies
shakes
s'more gorp
dirt dessert

If you're looking for a user friendly cookbook to enjoy with your child/ren, Chock Full of Chocolate is a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...