"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Details Released on J K Rowling's First Adult Novel

The Casual Vacancy



When Barry Fairweather dies unexpectedly in his early forties, the little town of Pagford is left in shock.

Pagford is, seemingly, an English idyll, with a cobbled market square and an ancient abbey, but what lies behind the pretty façade is a town at war.Rich at war with poor, teenagers at war with their parents, wives at war with their husbands, teachers at war with their pupils…Pagford is not what it first seems.And the empty seat left by Barry on the town’s council soon becomes the catalyst for the biggest war the town has yet seen. Who will triumph in an election fraught with passion, duplicity and unexpected revelations? (Amazon.com)  


The Casual Vacancy will be published September 27, 2012 by Little Brown Publishers and marketed by Hachette Book Group.




Read CBC's article for more information.







1 comment:

  1. I just love JKR! I think whatever this book might turn out to be, I'll read it for sure. :) And as far as I feel, I think this is gonna be great!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...