"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Monday, January 23, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?


Hey there!  It's Monday again.  What are you reading?  This little meme, hosted by Sheila at Book Journey, is a terrific way to keep track of what we are reading and see what is new on the horizon.  I love to see what everyone has in store for the week and to get new ideas to add to my must read list!  So, without further ado, here is what I am currently reading:

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I was supposed to have this finished by Wednesday for book club but I don't think I will.  It'll be close though!  To Kill a Mockingbird is a wonderful old classic that was once on the banned list, back in its day.  Today, this novel serves as a reminder of the rights of everyone, regardless of their race or creed.

Onstage, Offstage by Michael Buble - again I thought I'd have this finished up in no time, especially considering a large portion of the book is glossy photography!  This is what happens when you are reading too many books at once!  Something I am guilty of this week, for sure!

The Magic Room by Jeffrey Zaslow - a cultural study of the world of brides, based on a little wedding dress store in a small town.  This wedding shop opened generations before and has been in the family for three generations.  The stories shared therein are of some of the patrons journeys to matrimony and some from the perspective of the store owner, interspersed with research about the bridal industry.

Coming Up For Air by - Patti Callahan Henry - From the first paragraph, I was immersed!  Totally chick lit, but written incredibly!  

American Dervish by Ayad Akhtar- This is rumoured to be the hit of the season!!  After reading two excellent reviews on this very book, I had to see for myself what this new release and debut novel have to offer!  I began it on the bus on the way home and didn't want to get off the bus!!  Now, that says something!

Last week I finished only one book!  See, the downside of reading too many at once!  It was Delirium by Lauren Oliver and I LOVED every second spent with this novel!!  See my review here.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. I've seen several reviews about American Deverish and its sounds like a fabulous read. I hope you enjoy it!

    Wishing you a great reading week!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to read DELIRIUM forever. I'll get to it eventually. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...