"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Friday, May 27, 2011

Book Blogger Hop: book-to-movie adaptations



Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer at Crazy for Books.  This week's question comes from Britta who blogs at I Like These Books:

"What book-to-movie adaptations have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

My favourite book-to-movie adaptation is Julie and Julia.  I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!  Sadly, the book fails in comparison.  This is my opinion, and one I have heard echoed, but I don't care for the character of Julie in the book, which is an autobiography.  She just seems really rough around the edges.  The movie Julie is endearing though her faults are there to be seen and we like her for them.  Amy Adams acts the role impeccably, while Meryl Streep defines Julia Child!!  As soon as I could purchase a copy of the DVD, I did and then when I found the book, I purchased it too.   You may read my book review of Julie & Julia and the comparison between the movie and the book.


P.S. I Love You  is another good book that made a great movie.  There are so many more, that I could go on and on.  One that I did not enjoy so much as a movie but loved the book was Black Beauty.  I have seen different variations from cartoon to live actors, but none can compare to the depth the book offers.


What are your favourites and disappointments as books are adapted to movies?

3 comments:

  1. I loved the movie Julia & Julia but never read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen those movies- I'm not much of a movie person unless EVERYONE has seen those movies. They sound really good, though!

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen them either, but they look like cool movie picks.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...