"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Friday, April 1, 2011

What Inspired You to Start Writing? Where Do You Write? Follow My Book Blog Friday Blog Hop 4/1/11




The blog hop link code
Just copy the code in the box at the following link to get the snazzy image/link above and join the hopping fun!  http://somesharpwords.blogspot.com/
 
Liz Schulte from Bat Country with this week’s featured question:


Some people like to do it in the office. Others prefer it in bed. Some people like it on the dining room table. Get your mind out of the gutter, I'm asking where you like to write!
I can write just about anywhere if the mood hits.  I sometimes wake up at night with a thought and jot it down in the notebook I keep at my bedside.  Usually, though, I write while sitting on the couch, feet up, computer on my lap or a scribbler in hand.  I've written in the car too.  Not so effective with all the bumps and all.  Where do you like to write?

1) (Required) You must follow my blog
2) (Required) You must follow the guest poster featured in the blog hop post.
3) Go to Sharp Words and copy the image code found there and paste it in your blog. Add your name to the link at the bottom of the post while you are there
4) Copy and paste the rules in your blog, as well as this week’s question.
5) Answer the question
6) You must copy these rules, the hop link and the featured question with your answer on your own blog. This blog serves as a place for new followers to say hi.
7) Follow, follow, follow. This is about networking, people, making connections with people in your community. So talk to us. We don't bite!
8) If someone stops by, says hi and follows you, the polite thing to do is follow back.
9) Comment here and introduce yourself and you just might find a new follower or two.

That's it! It's as simple as that!

Question of the week- I guess this is last week's question but, whatever, here's my answer to that too!

What inspired you to start writing?
Books and my love, passion, addiction of them were the beginnings of my writing aspiration.  The library was the best thing in the world, aside from horses, when I was little.  School assignments brought high praise from the teachers and the desire was born.  I always wanted to be a writer, a little passion that remained hidden from most others, to be revealed only occasionally.  One year ago, approximately, I decided to start taking it seriously and got caught up in the addiction of blogging.  If Julie Powell could do it, why not me?  So I began.  From one blog about gardening, another of my passions, to a book review blog (this blog), to a family blog and a movie and about town review blog and lastly my writing blog, There Came a Dream,which has been rather neglected of late.  I love to write but there's that little fear, that doubt, that still holds me back a little .  Be a dear, read my one chapter, broken into two posts (I am going to fix that, I swear), and give me a little push, "literal" that is.  Thanks guys.  What inspired you to start writing?
-------------------------------------

"Since today is April Fool's Day in the USA and Canada, what is the best prank you have ever played on someone OR that someone has played on you?"
It isn't much of a trick, really.  When I was pregnant with our first child, I was a few days overdue.  The morning of April Fools, which was also Good Friday, my water broke and labour began.  I tried to wake my husband to let him know we needed to head to the hospital but he rolled over and went back to sleep believing it was an April Fool's joke.  The joke was on all of us, our eldest son was born that afternoon.  We did make it to the hospital on time because my husband finally believed me!  Happy April Fools Day!
------------

Stalk Hop Friday


Welcome to Stalk Hop Friday where you can follow several different ways.  Just visit Novel Bloggers to get your badge, follow me and Novel Bloggers and we will follow back.  Please let me know you are a new follower.

22 comments:

  1. So, you have an April Fools baby, huh? I love that!

    Hopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blog hopping today myself. It is great to "meet" you! I want to come back when I have more time so that I can read old posts as well as check out your other blogs, but I am meeting with my crit partners this morning so it will have to wait. I hope you will come and visit my website soon; in the meantime, I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from the writer's hop. It is great to meet you! Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shirley *waves* Wow we sound alike. I also have an addiction to reading and started blogging about it. I then started writing and it's been a rollercoaster of excitement :) I hear you on the fear and doubt part of writing. It's scary putting yourself out there because if you're like me, you put yourself into what your working on and you want people to love it. Just keep writing and see where your muse takes you :)

    Come by and visit - I have many different pages to explore. Here's the link for my wriiting one - Writings Of A Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the writer's hop. Your blog is lovely!

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Stop by when you have a chance.

    Gabrielle Bisset
    http://gbisset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great non-April Fools joke. I don't even think to assume something is a joke, because rarely remember April fools day and I don't take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my first bloghop. Nice to meet u!

    Janet B Taylor
    http://www.janetbtaylor.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to following your blog. I am on the blog hop too, so check out Spell Checked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, no! That would be hard to convince someone you were in labor on April 1! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the Writers Blog Hop! It is very nice to meet you :) I look forward to learning more about your projects.

    Nichole Chase
    http://nicholechase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. At first I wasn't going to participate in this week's Book Blogger Hop. I'm not even sure why.

    But here I am. And I'm glad! To dispel any false impressions people may have had about me being a old, stodgy fuddy-duddy I'm happy to share some of my very best pranks with you.

    Highlights include - low-grade explosives, eggs and salt shakers. Get all the side-splitting details over on my blog - http://www.howardsherman.net

    They date back to my younger years as a Brooklyn boy which brings about some introspection.

    I'm going to go pull some pranks today. Look out world! I'm coming out of prankster retirement!
    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a little late for the blog hop, but I followed you anyway.
    hope you could visit mine and follow as well. tnx!...
    clavsupclose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hop, hop, hopping in from the writer's hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Did you cry wolf too many times and he didn't believe you? How does you son like being born on April 1? :)

    I am stopping by from the blog hop.

    Hope you have a fun blog hop.

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How funny! I'm amazed he was awake enough to even remember it was April Fool's Day. Glad he beleived you in time to get you to the hospital :)

    Glad to have found you via the Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! Stopping by for the Follow Friday Hop!
    I grew up in a library and ran a bookstore for ten years, so I'm a bookaholic too. Will check back when we have more time, but you're welcome to stop by my new venture: http://fateandfaith-julee.blogspot.com/2011/05/follow-friday-and-some-amusing-links.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. brinkka2011 says: Informative post, Im now one of your feed followers

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your information!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent post! I think you've encapsulated the mission of this blog and our challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...