"No one can be lonely who has a book for company." ~ Nelle Reagan

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Theme Thursday 3/17/11 - Crockery/Utensil


Theme Thursdays, created by Kavyen @ Reading Between Pages, is a fun weekly event that will be open from one Thursday to the next. Anyone can participate in it. The rules are simple:


*A theme will be posted each week (on Thursday’s)
*Select a conversation/snippet/sentence from the current book you are reading
*Mention the author and the title of the book along with your post
*It is important that the theme is conveyed in the sentence (you don’t necessarily need to have the word)
Ex: If the theme is KISS; your sentence can have “They kissed so gently” or “Their lips touched each other” or “The smooch was so passionate”

This will give us a wonderful opportunity to explore and understand different writing styles and descriptive approaches adopted by authors.

This week’s theme is – CROCKERY / UTENSIL 

Here's mine from Nana:  The Four Crystals:

Nana went directly to the kitchen area and from the oven took a small pot from which she poured a prepared tea into three wooden cups.  She brought them to the canvas cloth on the floor and invited Serge and Alexa to sit upon the cushions.  ~ page 151, Nana:  The Four Crystals by Guillermo Romano

8 comments:

  1. I think I have this book in my tbr pile. Great choice for the theme! Mine will be up later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. stopping by to read your theme Thursday selection. I really thought i had commented already. hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like it! It sounds like a cozy scene. Thanks for stopping by today.

    Belle

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just perfect.. I love it when we get some really awesome snippets.

    Have you made your layout bigger?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pot and a cup. Nice one!
    Thanks for coming by and commenting on my blog earlier =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for the comments. Kavyen, I haven't found what I am looking for in a design. How about you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting! I like the sound of this one.
    Mine is here:
    http://abookwormsreviews.blogspot.com/2011/03/play-dead-by-john-levitt.html

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate all my visitors and your comments so please introduce yourself, ask or make suggestions. I'd love to hear from you. This blog is a no-award zone. I appreciate the acknowledgment but your kind words are enough.

No spam please!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...